Monday, June 9, 2008

Akita Happiness

Can't let Karianne have ALL the fun now, can I? :)

I was SO busy this past weekend, but it was all superfun stuff.

Saturday was the Midwest Akita Rescue Society picnic, where a bunch of adopters got together and had a darn good time! I was able to meet so many people who I have never spoken to other than via an email forum (much like our Yahoo! group), and of course we all knew each other by our dogs' names!

I brought the Pearl-girl with me (she is a MARS rescue) and they were all happy to see her again. I would have brought Sumo, but he does not do well in situations like that, and so I felt it best to leave him at home to relax. I think he missed Pearl, because he was very happy to see her when we got back. :)
I forgot my camera, so I don't have any photos from the picnic, but for your viewing pleasure, I'll post a photo of the furkids here, just because I think they're so freakin' cute.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Karianne said...

I never knew an Akita before I knew your two furbabies. I'm glad that Pearl got to go to the reunion and soak up all of the attention that she deserves. And I'm glad that Sumo got to relax. I'm kinda with him on the crowd issues.

Melissa said...

Sounds like fun! I can only imagine all the doggies around...:) Love the picture

Pretty Momma said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time! Love your doggies!