Monday, October 5, 2009

How lucky I am

Tonight DH got home from work after 8. I had cooked a whole turkey dinner, because I needed to cook stuff that I took out of the freezer. When it began to look like it was going to be a late night, I told my sister that I was bringing dinner to her house. I owe her so many meals for all of the times she has fed us!

So anyway, me and the kids head over there and stay for a couple of hours. When we get home, DH had just gotten home and started to clean up from his work day. I had flashes of times when I had been home, cooped up with the kids, wishing for a live chatwith another adult and although it totally isn't his fault, I would be so angry that I would take my frustrations out on him and we would all end up miserable.

But tonight was different. Instead of full rage, I only felt a twinge of irritation. And then I was able to bring it around and realize how cruddy he had it today instead of it all being about me. At my sister's house there are at least 4 adults to help me with the kids. It makes such a difference and I'm so lucky to have such support. Actually, we all are so lucky to have each other.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yum! I want a whole turkey dinner!