Monday, October 12, 2009

Life as a single mom





Life as a single mom is busy, busy, busy! At times, I feel proud of myself for handling it all, my job, the kids, our home. Since my kids dad lives in California (and only visits them two or three times a year), I am truly doing this solo. Fortunately, I have my sister and her family living nearby, as well as a few reliable babysitters to help me through. I also belong to a group of single moms with children from China. Finding them has been one of the best gifts ever! We try to get together once a month or so which allows our daughters to socialize with other kids that have families similar to theirs, and lets the mom lend each other ideas and support. Last weekend, we attended a Halloween party. Here are some photos.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Ashley, I don't know you but I just wanted to say Good Job as a single mom. You are an inspiration!

Melissa said...

I have to chime in too, as a newly single mom as well----Well Done!! It IS hard, busy, frustrating at times, often overwhelming...and yet we're doing it!! Your girls are soooo sweet!!

Karianne said...

sisters are the best! i couldn't do what I do in my life without mine. Glad to hear from you!