Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yep, it's about Poop

I was making pancakes this morning and I pulled two brown (always brown) eggs out of the carton. One of the eggs had chicken poop on the shell.

That may gross some people out, but I think it's neat. It reminds me of when I was little, and my Grandpa had chickens, and every morning he would make me sunny side up eggs for breakfast, and all the eggs ALWAYS had poop on them because he would gather them FRESH every morning.

I'd like to have my own chicken coop someday, poopy eggs and all.

3 comments:

LarryG said...

there is something special about chicken poop... no doubt about it.

i think having a coop full of poop is a noble ambition!
You go girl...

Karianne said...

i also hope that you can have your own coop someday. my nephew has one and we all love it!

Jodi said...

We have a barnyard full of chickens and we quickly clean the "poop" eggs or give them to the dogs for a treat. They eat it poop, shells and all - YUCK! We love our chickens! They are all a bunch of pets. Our eggs are brown, light brown and (are you ready for this?) shades of blue! It is like Easter every day. My daughter loves gathering eggs and loving on the "babies" when she can catch them. Hope you get a coop full of poop one day too. It is a great fertilizer for your flower garden!