Friday, November 14, 2008

Being an auntie

Being an auntie is one of the best things in my life. tonight one of my nephew's turned 13. I look at him and my heart melts away. I remember the first time I saw him. The first time I held him. Such a tiny, tiny boy.
I'm so glad that I got to be an auntie before I got to be a mom. The timing was right and I was able to learn how to parent from my siblings who are amazing and a huge support to me with my kids. Tonight I was talking with my x sis in law and I said, "Isn't it so weird that when your own kids act up, you want to strangle them, but when your nephews or nieces act up it just doesn't seem bad at all?" She was laughing and nodding in agreement. Our own kids can be hellians but our nephews and nieces are angels in our book!

No comments: