Monday, August 17, 2009

Avon Calling

have you ever had something in your life work out for the better? kind of where you knew it would be a good thing, but then it turned into something that was better than you expected? Not totally wonderful or amazingly awesome, but better? Well, that's what Avon has been for me.

A little history. At daycare, we have 20 full time staff. They used to have a pretty regular Avon lady that would come in to take and deliver orders. They were always so excited when their Avon showed up. I could tell that it was an Avon day just by their attitudes when I'd walk in the office. Then their Avon lady ditched them. I looked into the program and told them that I'd step in for them. It only cost 10 to join and it looked pretty easy and fun.

I'm loving this gig. It is really easy and fun. Especially since the clientele was already in place. And when they say that the product sells itself, it is true! I even have some clients outside of the day care as well just because they heard that I was selling Avon. The money is minimal especially since I end up ordering for myself as well. It doesn't provide me the funds for affordable health insurance but it buys me a coffee here and there.

And they have fun stuff. It lets me be girly and lets me shop without having to get out of the car. Seein what people buy is neat too. Some of my staff has tastes that I never would have guessed. the whole experience has been a surprise.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I used to sell Avon too. I just got so busy that I didn't have time to keep it up, but it was really fun! I still order from almost every campaign though. :)