Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Finished!

Yesterday we signed papers completing the sale of the little house! I kind of don't know how to feel besides very relieved, yet still a bit cautious until we close on the big house.

It's nice to be surprised (in a good way) by your emotions. I had thought that I'd be crying and upset and wistful leaving the house that I had brought all of my children home to. The house that I was married in. The house that my grand aunt and uncle built. But I didn't feel that way at all. I felt ready.

And now I feel excited to move in more surely to the house that we are in. It feels like a goal accomplished.

Having the money from the sale is odd. it is in the bank account, waiting for instruction on how to apply it to the new mortgage, old debt, etc. We are hoping to have a little bit to play with, hopefully taking miss ivy to CA (needing anaheim motels) this summer. And possibly do some updating of the outside and inside of the house.

We are ready.

No comments: