Saturday, November 21, 2009

the world wide web

I just got through setting up dinner plans with one of my favorite people in the world. My bud from kindergarten, who now lives in CHINA!! Seriously. Before we were computer savvy, she and I would go on forever without connecting. Our socializing consisted of one of us dropping by each other's moms houses. Just randomly hoping to catch each other.

But no more. For years now, I know her exact plans and she knows mine. I watch her house while she is gone and give her updates on if her lawn is being mowed on time. She sends me digital photos of all of the amazing places she visits that I wouldn't see unless for her.

When I first heard of the world wide web, I thought that I'd have less use for it than I would for a Honeywell Barcode Scanner, which actually isn't a very needed item in my line of work. but as it turns out, I can barely go a few hours without jumping onto the web. I don't think that I have a future in foretelling trends.

No comments: