Sunday, February 22, 2009

Watching my kids at play

Although the weather is still pretty cold and overcast, I took the older two kids to the park today.
Instead of walking the short distance, we drove. Instead of totally bundling them up, I threw a hat and their coats on them quickly. I had the feeling that if I didn't get them out of the house in a very fast manner, that it might all fall apart.
I parked very close to the playground, rolled down the car window and started to read my book while they played. After a time, they caught my eye when they were playing on the merry go round.
They weren't fighting, they were getting a long. They weren't yelling, they were laughing. And I was captivated. I layed my head down in the open window with the cold air on my face and took it all in. I almost fell asleep, and it was one of the most contented moments I have had with the older two recently.
At some point, I hustled them back to the car. It was a wonderful little trip.
Of course, if I had the option of playing with some wii accessories, it might have been a totally different story.

No comments: