Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend shopping

Chris is the shopper in our family. On Saturday when the kids were with my cousins, we went shopping for new furniture for our living room. The contemporary furniture type is not our favorite, but we did end up with a kind of compromise of our styles.

For the most part, I really don't think too much about what I "like". We have a leather couch set right now and it's fine except for the fact that I find the leather to be cold to sit on. The kids and I are always using blankets to sit on. They were bring alongs from Chris' bachelor apartment. One of the things that made me happy on this visit to the furniture store was that I actually felt like voting "no" on something. And right now I can't remember what it was, but it felt good to have a say. Even though it wasn't in agreement with him, I actually formed an opinion based on how I really felt. I think that chris was even shocked. I think that he was also a little bit happy that he doesn't have to decide all of this on his own.

No comments: