Wednesday, February 13, 2008

happiness is spending time with my seester

I usually have to work every Tuesday, so I was really excited when a coworker volunteered to work my shift for me yesterday. I have been so busy lately, and I really needed the day off.

I met Dana at her apartment, and we walked across the street to start our morning off with a latte from Tully's. We sat in some chairs in the window. At this Tully's they had the cutest children's table and chairs that had been painted such vibrant colors. I made Dana promise that when I move out she'll help me paint my kitchen table in a similar manner.

Then we went to the YMCA in downtown Tacoma. We did 30 minutes on an elliptical, which was great because I haven't been able to get to the gym in a week. It felt good. We talked the whole time, which made the 30 minutes fly by! I think we kind of annoyed this one guy, who left after a really short time, but oh well. I needed that time to just talk with my sister. After the elliptical we went upstairs to do some weights, and while we were doing that she told me about a dream she had where she pierced her nose, and it wouldn't stop bleeding. Which prompted me to talk her into getting her nose pierced. Of course.



It turned out really cute. And she was pierced by a guy who had a trophy on his desk that said "Overall Best Male", so we teased him for that. Apparently he won it in a tattoo competition, but it made me laugh.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day you had with your sister! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the nosering! I want one so bad, one that looks just like that. Tell your sister that she is an inspiration to me. :)

Unknown said...

Wow I can't believe someone got upset with you for talking at the gym. What would they rather hear while you're on the machine? Heavy breathing for 30 min??

Besides, if they're so intent on concentrating on their workout, they should get themselves an iPod.

Glad you and your sister had fun together!!

alisonwonderland said...

aren't sisters the greatest?!

Karianne said...

Her nose looks great! I'm glad that her dream didn't come true.

What a beautiful reward of a day for you. You've been working so hard.

Ashley Winters said...

My sister and I, both busy moms, recently had the opportunity to sneak away for an afternoon movie. We saw 27 Dresses and had a blast! We haven't done this in years!

Melissa said...

gosh, I'm dense sometimes. Took me a few to figure out what a "seester" is. (In my defense, I've been perusing seed catalogs like there's no tomorrow, so I think I had "seeds" on the brain and couldn't remember what a "seedster" was. Ok, there's really no excuse for my idiocy)

LOVE the nosering. If I ever don't teach, I think I'll get one. My friend and I keep saying we're going to have a girls weekend and get pierced. I can't have one at my school, though.

Sounds like you guys have a great thing going---I'm so glad you had a good time.