Monday, June 29, 2009

Educated

I went to college in the beginning for the wrong reasons. Honestly, I had no idea what else to do. My boyfriend was going. I had friends going. My step dad had graduated from the University that I attended. I liked it, but I liked the college atmosphere more than the actual learning that I did. Apart for my art history class, which is my absolute favorite ever. (I still have the textbooks and the class was 19 years ago!)

I remember the day that I quit college. I just woke up and knew that I wouldn't be going back. I didn't even withdraw, which was a huge mistake because it totally messed up my GPA if I ever want to go back.

It took me awhile to figure out what I was going to do with my life. One day I asked myself where I was the happiest in my life. My answer was when I was getting a massage at a local day spa. And with that, my career was clinched.

I still love learning new things within the massage community. there are always new techniques and theories to try out. New products to research. And although it wasn't a college education, I feel that my education is more valuable because it really means something to me besides a piece of paper.

No comments: