Tuesday, January 1, 2008

a new year

Well, everybody has spent the last several days going on and on about resolutions, which is generally something I don't take part it. I find that making grandiose promises to change my behavior rarely work for me. Sure, there are things in life that would make me happier (losing some pounds, saving up to move out), but I'm a big child, and those are still things I depend on others to hold my hand as I accomplish the goals. Not neccessarily something I feel comfortable labeling as a resolution, because I feel like it sets me up for failure. Rather than set an unmeetable goal, I like to move at my own snail's pace, holding my mommy's hand while she helps me budget.

However, this year I've got one. I have a promise to myself, and that promise is that no more will I let myself get sucked into relationships where I am disrespected. I don't need to be in a relationship, and the relationships isn't worth it if the guy I'm with doesn't treat me right. So my goal this year is to respect myself, and only date guys who respect me just as much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always demand respect, from yourself and others.

This is a good one, for me too. :)

Karianne said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Tape a note to your mirror that says "R-E-S-P-E-C-T"

Not only is it a great reminder, it will get you singing!

Love ya, Katya.