Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fried Chicken


One of my fondest childhood memories surrounding food is being the only kid in my class to bring fried chicken to school for lunch every week. We lived above our restaurant at the time and my father would wake us up every morning for school and get our lunches ready. He knew that I loved fried chicken and would make me some early in the morning while he was busy scrambling eggs and frying bacon for his 'paying' customers. At lunch time, my friends were always envious when all they had was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and there I sat, eating fried chicken for lunch.

1 comment:

Karianne said...

Yum! I adore fried chicken and I swear, my sister makes the best I've ever had. (Of course). My mom has some bad childhood memories associated with fried chicken, so we never got to eat it at home. It was one thing that I had to have as an adult.