Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Accessible Medical Care

This may sound like a weird thing to be happy about, but I'm all about silver linings!

Yesterday our PCP facility was closed for Veteran's Day. Mr. Bec started a fever on Saturday which got worse until Monday. I took him in to our "urgent care" center first thing in the morning, which was at 730 am. We walked right in and were home by the time Chris had to leave for work.

Today, the spider bite on my leg turned suspicious. All red and hot and swollen and hurting. I called our PCP facility and there were absolutely no appointments available today or tonight. So, off I headed to urgent care. I was seen quickly and professionally by a different doctor than Bec had before.

To have the middle ground of urgent care in between the PCP office and the emergency room is close to having it all. It's all about the options.

1 comment:

Ashley Winters said...

Options are good! Hope your spider bite isn't too serious!