hello! my name is alison, and i blog at "We're all mad here," said the Cheshire Cat to Alice. i created that blog about a year-and-a-half ago, and i'm addicted to posting my various and sundry thoughts. i've also been blogging about books since the beginning of the year at So Many Books, So Little Time. as you can tell from my profile, i'm the mom of three and an accountant. here are my answers to the questions:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
somewhere near the ocean. it doesn't really matter where - Southern California, Seattle, North Carolina, Maine, Hawaii - but there has to be water.
2. When you were little, what did you want to do "when you grew up?" Are you doing it?
when i was little, i wanted to be the first female astronaut. later, i wanted to be an architect. i also wanted to be a writer. my professional training is as an accountant, which is the work i do day-to-day (besides being a mom). but, to be honest, i sometimes still wonder what i want to be "when i grow up"!
3. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Baskin-Robbins German Chocolate Cake.
4. What is your favorite color?
pink. definitely pink!
5. What do you love to do? What hobbies do you get caught up in?
first and foremost, i love to read. (check out my book blog for what i'm currently reading!) i also love to blog and play computer games like Blokus. i also like to collect recipes, drink Diet Coke with Lime, and sleep! my latest addiction is Facebook.
6. What is your favorite movie?
one all-time favorite is The Princess Bride. other current favs are Serendipity, 10 Things I Hate About You, and The Lake House.
7. What do you think your life purpose is?
to be the best alison i can be.
8. What is the thing that brings you happiness on a daily basis?
i sometimes think i'm "happiness-challenged." :o) that's why this blog is a good thing for me! chocolate brings me pleasure; books and learning give me fulfillment; my family gives me meaning; ultimately, my joy comes from the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. What is your favorite book?
one all-time favorite is Small Change: The Secret Life of Penny Burford. other favs include The Secret Life of Bees, Gift from the Sea, and A Live Coal in the Sea. my new fav author is Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight series.
10. What is one thing you would like to try or do before you die?
can you believe that the first thing that came to mind is bungee jumping?! mostly i want to see my kids grow up.